The Volkswagen Polo is likely one of the extra common hatchbacks in India. The automotive was first launched in 2010 and has spent 12 years within the Indian market. However, VW by no means actually gave it a correct replace and was discontinued resulting from falling gross sales. Having stated that, in order for you a well-built fun-to-drive hatchback on a funds, then the Polo nonetheless makes for a very good possibility, and you may get one from the used automotive marketplace for wherever between Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 8 lakh. However, earlier than you begin on the lookout for one, listed here are some execs and cons you want to think about.
If you need a efficiency automotive on a funds the Polo GT TSI is the one to search for.
- The Volkswagen Polo is a well-built German automotive that provides nice driving dynamics, dealing with and journey high quality.
- While the newer Polo got here with a 1.0-litre TSI engine, the older mannequin was supplied with 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre TDI diesel engine. All had been fairly succesful engines, but when we needed to decide it might be both the 1.0 TSI or the older diesel.
- The Polo was additionally the automotive that made scorching hatches well-known in India, and in order for you a efficiency automotive on a funds the Polo GT TSI is the one to search for. The older model got here with a 7-speed DSG unit, which makes the automotive a complete hoot to drive.
- The Volkswagen Polo is likely one of the safer automobiles in its phase, and it comes with options like twin airbags, ABS with EBD, and rear parking sensors. ESC and hill-hold help are additionally supplied however solely with AT trims. The automotive had a 4-star score from Global NCAP.
The Polo just isn’t so nice in terms of rear seat house and the cabin structure and options too are fairly dated.
- While it is solely been just a few months since VW stopped the identical of the Polo in India, globally it has been just a few years for the reason that automotive has been discontinued. So, whereas proper now it won’t be a difficulty in the long term half availability will likely be a matter of concern.
- The Polo just isn’t so nice in terms of rear seat house. Even average-sized adults won’t be very comfy within the again seat for a very long time. Also, the cabin structure and options too are fairly dated.
- The Polo is sort of costly to take care of in contrast it its rivals. Especially the GT TSI with the DSG automated unit. They will value you a bomb to restore or substitute. So hold that upkeep value in thoughts.