Indian carmaker Tata Motors mentioned on Thursday it was investigating an “isolated thermal incident”, after a video on social media confirmed the corporate’s electrical automotive engulfed in flames.
The video, which has gone viral, confirmed firefighters attempting to place out the fireplace in Tata Motor’s Nexon EV automotive within the metropolis of Mumbai. Reuters was not in a position to independently confirm the video.
“A detailed investigation is currently being conducted to ascertain the facts of the recent isolated thermal incident that is doing the rounds on social media. We will share a detailed response after our complete investigation,” Tata Motors mentioned in a press release.
The incident follows a spate of e-scooter fires within the nation that has triggered an uproar in addition to an investigation by the Indian authorities.